Franchises Buying Guide
What We Do
Franchise Industry Directory
Businesses For Sale
0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Learn About GNC Live Well Franchises
GNC is the largest global specialty retailer of nutritional supplements,
which includes vitamin, mineral and herbal supplements, sports nutrition
products, diet and energy products and specialty supplements. GNC has more than
4,800 retail locations throughout the United States, including more than 1,300
domestic franchise locations, more than 1,000 store-within-a-store locations
under its strategic alliance with Rite Aid and more than 800 locations in more
than 35 foreign markets including Canada and Mexico.
The Self-Care Economy
Today's consumers take charge of their health. They strive to feel better, look
better and perform at their optimum potential. And highly publicized research
reveals that balanced nutrition and healthy lifestyles can help consumers
achieve their goals.
Fueled by extraordinary demand, the booming retail supplement market now exceeds
$17.8 billion in annual sales - and GNC, General Nutrition Centers, commands the
lion's share of the industry's specialty-retail market.
Yet the market still hasn't fulfilled its potential. Experts predict consumer
demand will continue to grow at a dramatic pace - and with good reason. Three
out of every four vitamin users are over age 35.
Take advantage of this growing self-care economy now. Franchise with GNC and
command your share of the accelerating nutritional supplement market.
Franchising with GNC
When you franchise a GNC, our name becomes your name. And our reputation becomes
yours as well.
Since 1935, GNC has been building a global reputation as the largest specialty
retailer of high-quality vitamin and mineral supplements, sports-nutrition and
herbal products. Our expertise, experience and innovative approach to health
management distinguish GNC throughout the world.
As a GNC franchise operator, you are strategically positioned to reap the
benefits of GNC's established brand name, loyal customer following and proven
business practices. Plus, GNC:
- Maintains a contemporary retail format that offers growth into new product
- Ensures quality service, provided by well-trained, knowledgeable
- Built a reputation among consumers as a credible source of self-care
Most of all, the GNC franchise opportunity offers you the knowledge and skills
we've acquired throughout our 70 year history.
As the industry's global leader, GNC is committed to providing the start-up
assistance and support services you need to operate a thriving franchise.
- Start-up Assistance
- Financial. Direct financing and low down payment.
- Real Estate. Site selection and lease negotiation.
- Construction. Computer-aided drafting and store design; sourcing of
high-quality, low-cost fixtures.
- Point-of-Sale Cash Register System. Inventory tracking, sales records,
reordering and day-to-day accounting assistance.
- Opening Support
- Grand Opening. Partial company match on your grand-opening investment for
- Training. Comprehensive three-phase training program, including in-store
and classroom training.
- Field Support. A field representative works with you in your store
throughout opening week.
Even after your GNC becomes established, you can continue to count on us for the
continuing business support you need to grow your market share in your
GNC franchise operators capitalize on the company's resources to deepen their
own market penetration and retain valuable customers. You'll enjoy the benefits
of being an entrepreneur while receiving unparalleled, expert guidance in
developing your operation.
- Accessible Resources. Business specialists in our five Franchise Support
Centers can be reached through the company's franchisee-exclusive intranet
system and/or toll-free telephone lines; other resources include regular
in-store field consultations.
- Training. Regularly updated, comprehensive operations manual; quarterly
provision of product, sales and customer-service training materials;
interactive in-store training.
- Communications. Franchise operator meetings with GNC management throughout
the country; franchisee-elected National Advisory Council with division
representatives; company-subsidized annual franchise convention; regular
distribution of GNC franchise publications.
- Electronic Communications. Access to a unique electronic support
information system designed exclusively for GNC franchisees. This intranet
offers online access to breaking corporate news, operations information,
wholesale promotions, product information, camera-ready local marketing ads
that can be customized and printed, and online communication with GNC
- Marketing. Company-sponsored multi-million dollar national advertising and
public relations campaigns; local marketing, advertising and promotion
materials; and local market print-fulfillment program with full-service direct
- Discount Business Programs. Business insurance, unemployment tax
consultation, health insurance, retirement plans, long-distance and
communications services, business and office supplies, and General Nutrition
Please note: The Franchise Guide may or may not represent GNC Live Well franchise. By clicking the "Submit" button you acknowledge that your local Franchise Consultant may or may not represent GNC Live Well franchise. You will be contacted by an experienced Franchise Consultant that will discuss which franchise is right for you.