Franchises Buying Guide
What We Do
Franchise Industry Directory
Businesses For Sale
0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Learn About Kumon Franchises
- No. 1 Tutoring Services Franchises
- No. 31 Fastest Growing Franchises
- No. 7 Low Investment Franchises
- No. 4 Top Global Franchises
- No. 17 Franchise 500 (Entrepreneur Magazine 2004)
- TOP 100 Franchises (Bond's Top 100 Franchises)
A Kumon Franchisee Enjoys
- Rewarding work that benefits the community
- Helping children realize their potential
- Relatively modest startup and operational costs
- Allying with a successful, established company
- Accomplishing something meaningful every day
- A mastery of the basics of reading and math
- Improved concentration and study habits
- Increased self-discipline and self-confidence
- A proficiency in material at every level
- Performance to each student's full potential
- A sense of accomplishment
Every Child Can Excel.
Kumon was started 50 years ago in Japan by Toru Kumon, a teacher and parent who
wanted to help his son do better in school. The unique instructional method he
created was so successful that his son was able to do calculus by the time he
was in the sixth grade.
Kumon reading and math programs help children master those fundamental skills so
important to their overall academic performance.
Our founder's belief that every child possesses untapped abilities and the
potential to excel remains central to our philosophy. In short, there's nothing
a child can't do.
The Kumon Method was developed to unlock the potential in every child. That's
our mission, and we're accomplishing it every day at more than 1,400 Kumon
Centers in North America alone.
With centers in 43 countries, Kumon has helped more students succeed worldwide
than any other after-school program.
The Kumon Routine
Learning skills that last a lifetime aren't developed overnight.
Just as a child needs to practice daily over time to become adept at a sport or
musical instrument, so too does he or she need daily work in order for academic
skills to develop and flourish.
Most Kumon students attend a Kumon Center twice a week. That leaves five days
when work must be completed at home. This usually takes about twenty minutes
Kumon parents generally find that their children end up with more time to pursue
other interests because they've developed far more efficient study habits, along
with the skills to do both Kumon assignments and schoolwork quickly and
accurately without wasting time.
The Kumon Parent
The goal is for Kumon students to assume most-if not all-of the responsibility
for their own study. Some parental involvement, particularly in the beginning,
helps to establish the routine and get the whole process off to a good start.
Kumon is most successful when the student, parent and Kumon Instructor work
together to ensure that the child advances continually to the best of his or her
An engaged Kumon parent will:
- Set a regular study time for one's child
- Check that assignments are timed and graded accurately and completed daily
- Know what one's child is studying and why
- Discuss that child's progress with his or her Kumon Instructor
The Kumon Instructor
Kumon Instructors regard themselves more as mentors or coaches than teachers in
the traditional sense. Their principal role is to provide the direction, support
and encouragement that will guide the student towards performing at 100% of his
or her potential.
Students who grow with Kumon may find their relationship to their Kumon
Instructor to be among the most rewarding and productive of their academic
All Kumon Instructors share a passion for education and an earnest desire to
help children succeed. They will invariably apply these along with their talent
and training in the Kumon Method to make the most constructive contribution
possible to your child's future.
Please note: The Franchise Guide may or may not represent Kumon franchise. By clicking the "Submit" button you acknowledge that your local Franchise Consultant may or may not represent Kumon franchise. You will be contacted by an experienced Franchise Consultant that will discuss which franchise is right for you.